LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER
• Transcarent is “The One Place for Health and Care,” by offering an employer health benefit that includes telehealth, surgery, pharmacy, behavioral health and virtual physical therapy care.
• Responsible for researching, ideating, testing, designing & overseeing launch of member-facing mobile app & website including main home page, telehealth platform & numerous marketing pages
• Led the design integration of 98point6 / Transcarent telehealth platform following a $100 million merger and acquisition that included 15+ new product, design and engineering team members
• Co-led a comprehensive empathy mapping workshop which led to research and creation of member personas to help guide product & design but also marketing, sales and care services
Aug. 2022 - present
Nov. 2015 - present
UX STRATEGIST & LEAD DESIGNER
PMcC Design helps businesses grow and thrive. As the lead UX strategist & designer, I've helped dozens of independent business owners and organizations create a brand identity, web presence and marketing strategy through the ideation, design and building of websites, apps and digital tools across multiple industries.
Sept. 2020 - Aug. 2022
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, INSTRUCTOR & STUDENT EXPERIENCE
• ThriveDX, the global leader in cybersecurity & digital skills training, collaborates with academic institutions & corporations worldwide to deliver advanced professional development programs
• Twice promoted; from curriculum writer to Associate Program Director and then to Associate Director, Instructor & Student Experience with three direct reports
• Interviewed, hired & managed a roster of 80+ senior-level designers as adjunct instructors
• Contributed to the overall strategy of our program including student experience, curriculum, instructor onboarding & training materials
• Collaborated cross-functionally as POC & SME for admissions, recruiting, scheduling, HR, university success, student success management and instructor success
Mar. 2020 - Aug. 2020
LEAD DESIGN INSTRUCTOR
Part creative director, part design coach, part program manager, this multi-faceted role centers around one focused mission: prepare Flatiron's 24-week, full-time design immersive design students to earn jobs as UX and UI designers upon completion of the program. Along with facilitating workshops on industry best practices, assessing student work and providing actionable feedback, my role was to serve as the client liaison, emotional guide and mentor.
UX / PRODUCT DESIGNER
Served as a UX consultant, researcher & designer for Deloitte Digital with the bulk of my work focusing on workshop creation & facilitation, wireframing, UX/UI design, UX research, sketching, whiteboarding, journey mapping, persona creation, usability testing, project management & more. The majority of our clients are Fortune 500 and large government agencies. Clients I’ve worked with include:
Apr. 2017 - Nov. 2019
State of Texas
State of Colorado
Oct. 2013 - Oct. 2015
CO-FOUNDER & DIR. OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Helped ideate, launch & run an educational startup that in 20 months, ran eight, 8-week intensive boot camps that trained 85 developers & on average increased their salaries 200%. Designed, implemented & facilitated a robust professional softs skills training program as a vital component of this software development training company’s business model, while also helping run the day-to-day operations of the business.
DIR. OF YOUTH BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Though no digital design was involved in this role, I was an experience designer & mentor who developed a program geared towards helping youth business owners learn the ropes, connect with seasoned entrepreneurs and bolster their life skills through the lens of running a small business.
July 2012 - July 2013
Aug. 2008 - June 2012
LITERACY TEACHER & VARSITY COACH
Designed, wrote & delivered educational experiences for hundreds of students to improve their literacy & overall life skills while also coaching varsity softball and baseball. My hate of paper couple with my analog disorganization led me to build websites for each of my classes. After writing a grant that got netbooks into my students' hands, the sites helped both myself and my students succeed.
SPORTSWRITER & LAYOUT EDITOR
Checked off a bucket list item by covering the NHL as a professional sports writer, but spent equal amounts of time plying my design craft by laying out 5-10 page sports pages using Adobe InDesign on a nightly basis while working on strict deadlines.
Sept. 2007 - Aug. 2008
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN IMMERSIVE
The User Experience Design Immersive (UXDI) is a 10-week, full-time program (400+ hours) that focused on teaching the core skills that make up the entire user experience design process. From research and ideation, wireframing and sketching, to prototyping and testing, GA's user experience design training prepares graduates to become UX practitioners that solve real-world design problems using proven skills and methods.
Sept. - Nov. 2016
INITIAL PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS EDUCATION PROGRAM
The teacher education program fosters critically reflective inquiry about teaching and learning and the development of collaborative skills necessary to work effectively with other adults on schooling issues. Successful completion of the program led to being licensed to teach K-12 education in Colorado.
Aug. 2008 - June 2009
BACHELORS OF ARTS - JOURNALISM & SPORTS STUDIES
Earned a degree with a 3.55 GPA while serving as the Editor-in-Chief of the university newspaper, The New Hampshire (during which time I won the Laura Rice Journalism Award) and was a 4-year member and senior captain of the club baseball team.
Sept. 2002 - May 2006